Did you know that 80 – 90 percent of direct mail is opened by consumers? Direct mail is an effective marketing tactic, but are you concerned about the cost of Postage? If you want to utilize direct mail in your marketing strategy, let us show you how to leverage discount postage deals and increase your ROI.
1. Create Effective Mailing Lists
Make sure your direct mail order is large enough to meet the bulk postage rates. The USPS offer discounted bulk postage rates for both Standard Class and first Class mailings. Ensure that your targeted mailing meets the minimum requirements. From just 200 pieces for Standard Class mail to 500 pieces for First Class mail. The denser the list into one area, the great the savings.
Utilizing a commercial mail house to NCOA & CASS certify your mailing list, eliminates bad records and cuts down on duplicates, also will create savings. Another option is to utilized clean lists from a Mailing List Broker. This can help cut down on mailing to irrelevant customers.
2. Design with Mail Regulations in Mind
- Most graphic designers don’t understand the USPS rules and regulations on direct mail. This could end up costing you big money in Postage. So, it is important that you keep the guidelines in mind when setting up your direct mail piece or work with a mailing specialist to make sure you avoid those costly design mistakes. The length of the piece, weight of the paper, folds, tabs and where the address block is placed all factor in the Postage costs.There are simple changes you can make to your piece of mail that will cut down on the postage costs. Knowing the difference between a postcard, letter and flat size mail piece can save you up to $.20 a piece in postage costs.And remember to keep your direct mail to the point. When in the direct mail design phase try to prioritize an enticing call to action rather than long blocks of text.
3. Take Advantage of Automation Rates
- The USPS provides considerable discounts when your mailings qualify for automation rates. Contact your local USPS representative or be sure to work with a commercial mail house to ensure you have your mail piece set up correctly and are able to present the appropriate postal paperwork with your job that is required. If your mailing doesn’t qualify for Automation rates, your postage could double so it is important to .
4. Utilize Drop Shipping Options
The USPS offers additional discounts if your mail is qualifies for SCF or NDC rates. This typically happens on larger orders that are dense into one specific area or zip code. The saving could be as much as $.028 a piece in addition to the standard class rates. So it is important to use a mail house that understand how to drop ship your jobs to put additional postage costs back in your pocket.
Get Discount Postage for Your Campaigns Today
Direct mail can increase consumer awareness about your business while attracting new prospects. Are you ready to save money with discount postage on your next direct mail campaign?
At Modern Mail & Print Solutions, we are here to help you capitalize on the direct mail savings available to you and your company.
Contact us today to work with a family-owned and operated business dedicated to treating customers and employees be treated like family.